MON - FRI: 08:00 - 05:00 PM
Interior design can have an effect on our feelings and moods, meaning it’s important to make sure that your home reflects you perfectly. Your home needs to be somewhere that you can feel relaxed, calm, and free of worry. Now that we are in the New Year, maybe it’s time to redecorate and refresh your mind with a brand new look for your interiors. If you’re in need of some inspiration, here are some of the interior design trends set to become big this year.
– Window coverings are one of the most important components of any decor. A new trend is to combine both curtains and blinds rather than choosing one or the other, in fabrics that complement each other to offer a well-dressed look.
– A feature wall painted or papered with a contrasting colour or pattern is a trend that has been popular for a while, and is showing no signs of dying down. By focusing attention in a specific area of the room you can create a dramatic impact.
– Lighting is an essential consideration when it comes to interior design. Harsh overhead and downward-facing lights can wash out any room and lessen the atmosphere. Instead, try choosing a selection of spotlights, wall lights and lamps that can contribute to a wonderful ambience. Whether you wish to create a soft and relaxing atmosphere or make a dramatic focal point, lamps are definitely the way to do this.
– It doesn’t matter how beautiful a room’s design is if the effect is ruined by clutter. Storage solutions are important in every room so you can put essential items out of sight, yet still have them close to hand when you need them.
– If you have a building with period features, embrace them and work with them rather than trying to disguise them. Modern furnishings and fabrics can look amazing in a period property, producing an eclectic and individual effect. Should you sell your property in the future, you could gain a higher return as buyers generally pay more for properties that have retained their original features.
We are experienced and passionate interior designers in Oxfordshire, and we are able to provide you with the perfect design for your needs. We will work closely with you to create a plan that suits your individual taste and style, and we have great working partnerships with local and reputable tradesmen, meaning that all work will be completed to the highest standards.